Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday...but looking forward to Thursday

Spencer told me today is 'hump' day. I had forgotten that mid-week term. (Haven't heard it for years.) Monday and Tuesday evenings are spent doing piano lessons. Wednesday evening is spent doing cub scouts. I love Thursday evenings. I rarely plan anything and so look forward to an evening without plans. Kids go to bed early because of school and I can sit my lazy bum on the couch and watch House Hunters or The Baby Story while Ben has his presidency meeting. It's a beautiful thing.

And here are some additional random Wednesday thoughts:

1. Elise, Susan and Mom are coming! Last weekend in February...I'm very excited! Wish Em was able to come too.
2. The talk of the house (especially coming from Spencer) is Disneyworld. I think the kid is loosing sleep over the thoughts! :)
3. Recital is on my mind and I will be glad when it is over.
4. I was playing a game with Alex today and he told me to 'watch and learn.'
5. Alex had some heart tests on Monday...everything is looking good. The damaged portions of his arteries are growing at the same rate as the rest of the artery. Alex refused to talk to Dr. Gremmels, the cardiologist. Totally gave him the shaft.
6. Apparently I need to be repenting everyday for the things I do wrong (and there is a quite a daily list!). Ben was watching a show on people's near death experiences...one of the guys interviewed talked about how he went to 'hell'. I'm hoping to avoid that place.
7. While talking about the Indiana Jones stunt show, Sam asked if we were going to see the 'Jimmy John Jones' show again. Seriously cracked me up.

And off to scouts I go...

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have Thursday. I hope you have some really fine ice cream to top off the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, also - so much fun stuff to look forward to and good news about Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just wanted to tell you that I love reading your blog :) So keep writing it please. I would be so sad if you stopped! Also, when is the big Disneyworld trip? So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete