Mom brought the boys Hex bugs. Huge hit.

So I usually try to be an "it is what it is...just deal with it" kind of a person. But I've had it. I hate winter. We are cooped up and fed up. The boys think it's tiring to play the Wii or computer...that's what I'm dealing with! Go outside? No...that would definitely take too much energy! I should have been raising children 30 years ago. It kills me to see how lazy kids can be. Now that I've vented and kicked the boys outside I feel much better. Here are some more random thoughts:
1. I love good school teachers. I just spent 2 hours with 1st graders. Bless all teachers.
2. I am not a maid, I am not a maid, I am not a maid. Reality: I am a maid.
3. Haven't talked with Ben for a while...I wonder how he's doing. :)
Oh - and we started "job buckets" yesterday. The boys each have a bucket with jobs they can do. Here's the story: The boys expect to be entertained each Saturday. They want to swim or go to a restaurant or amusement park or train ride, etc. Fun activities for sure. The problem is that they are expectant. So...I set a system in place where they can earn their entertainment. We'll see how it goes.


Amen! Love the way you put everything, so hilarious and so true! Let us know how the buckets work out. I'm dying for a new system.
ReplyDelete