The boys and I spent the past two evenings at school open houses. Sam's 2nd grade teacher seems great! I think Sam is a little excited about school starting. Spencer's middle school open house was busy...following his schedule, finding all of the rooms, and mastering that locker combination!!! But we finally got it all down. He is also excited...but not about getting up early. Infact, they have both commented about not wanting to start getting up early for school. (Truth is: neither do I!)
The district audiologist contacted me this morning to talk about Spencer's hearing loss. She seems great...just called to touch base about what we feel is needed in the classroom for Spencer. She mentioned she will be strongly encouraging his teachers to use microphones. I told her this is new territory for us but that we feel Spencer will continue to do well without much assistance. I do think microphones may be very helpful to him.
Alex's dinner prayer was a good one last night: "please bless we won't hit, kick, pinch, yell, push, or pretend to kick, or pretend to hit, or pretend to be mean....and please bless we won't get the Christmas decorations out yet because Mom doesn't want us to." Note: the 'pretend' items listed are what Alex has mastered in hopes of not getting in trouble.
And Sam has a sweet case of pink eye.
That's the latest in a Post!
The district audiologist contacted me this morning to talk about Spencer's hearing loss. She seems great...just called to touch base about what we feel is needed in the classroom for Spencer. She mentioned she will be strongly encouraging his teachers to use microphones. I told her this is new territory for us but that we feel Spencer will continue to do well without much assistance. I do think microphones may be very helpful to him.
Alex's dinner prayer was a good one last night: "please bless we won't hit, kick, pinch, yell, push, or pretend to kick, or pretend to hit, or pretend to be mean....and please bless we won't get the Christmas decorations out yet because Mom doesn't want us to." Note: the 'pretend' items listed are what Alex has mastered in hopes of not getting in trouble.
And Sam has a sweet case of pink eye.
That's the latest in a Post!
fun to hear the latest at your house! good luck to the boys this new school year!
ReplyDeletep.s. love Alex's prayers. classic. do you think Heavenly Father laughs? I would think He has a perfect sense of humor and therefore can appreciate Alex to the fullest.
ReplyDelete