Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sam's Parent Teacher Conf.




I can't believe I forgot to post about my miracle experience at parent teacher conference last week! Sam's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Child's, is fabulous...love her. She dove right into telling me how much she loves Sam. How she wishes she had more of him. How he has wonderful 'character'. And how he is above 'benchmark' in all areas and is at the top of the class in reading fluency. I was blown away by the last part especially. I listened to her and got teary eyed as she was talking. She must have thought I was crazy but she has no idea that this is the same child who refused (REFUSED) to learn his ABC's, numbers, write his name, or read a book with me. I really try not to be one of those parents who gush over their children's accomplishments...I think all children are amazing in their own little ways (academically, physically or otherwise...they truly all have their own special talents). But I had to post this because I have been so so worried about Sam being 'behind' in school and this almost seemed to be a little miracle in my life. I was am so grateful and excited that he has come so far in his desire to learn.






1 comment:

  1. I love hearing this, he's such a great little guy!
    PS - I love the quote on your blog and try to remember it when I find myself unhappy with moments.

    ReplyDelete