Hmph...it's 11:10 p.m. I should be in bed...and I really want to be in bed. But I'm going to take a few minutes to record the latest.
1. Had a fabulous month of visitors. First the NY crew came. So wonderful to have them here. And so easy...Corinne slept, Joel hung with the boys, and Emily and I, um, what did we do? I think we cooked and took care of two 9 month olds.
2. Sus, Jane and Mom came for two weeks! Fabulous!!! Poor Sus didn't get an ounce of sleep because Jane wasn't about to let her sleep at night if they were sharing the same room. And poor Mom didn't get an ounce of sleep because there were 3 babies waking at various times during the night! I loved having them here. They were troopers...because after 6:00 p.m. at my house it turns into a complete chaotic nightmare: Bedtime, more food because someone is 'starving', shower tantrums, tired tantrums, spoiled children tantrums...it's super fun. If I could erase the 6-9 p.m. time slot during my day my life would be near perfect.
3. Sam and Ben finished up their basketball season. Sam scored one basket the entire season...but that one basket made him a very happy boy.
4. It's fun to watch Spencer pass the sacrament on Sundays...he tries not to make eye contact with me on the stand because we'll both giggle. He's not sure about young men's yet...he likes going to Deacons but the combined activities aren't too comfortable yet.
5. Nothing is really new with Alex. He's still a puzzle to me at times...way to complex to figure out.
6. Piano recital was this evening. Spencer did a really good job...probably one of the best recitals he has had.
7. Girls...oh...those sweet baby girls. They are busy exploring the world around them. And I wish I could make more time (or felt like I had more time) to just watch them. We giggle at many things they do. I call them my little 'puppies'...they follow me around just like puppies do! They love the boys. Alex can get them laughing pretty hard.
8. And I am beyond tired of Minnesota cold. I truly, truly, want to be somewhere warmer. I feel I've been stuck inside since November and would love to be able to take the girls out for a walk, etc. Feeling quite 'cooped up'.
I guess that's it for the evening...Grace needs her pacifier rescued and I'm needing some sleep.
Fun busy! That's the best kind of busy. Sending you warm vibes...
ReplyDelete