Yep...it's really happening. Jake's headed to the alter. I've waited many years to make a trip from Minneapolis to SLC for a wedding. Unfortunately, Ben and the kids aren't coming with. Just me...which isn't necessarily a bad thing. ;) Wedding is tomorrow and I'm flying out in a few hours... I'm excited to be there. I've spent the past two days trying to do as much as possible to make it easier on Ben...I think the only thing he'll have to worry about is brushing his own teeth. ha ha
So...I've had a sticky note sitting by the computer for about a month now. Sam was on a roll with funny comments sometime ago and I had written them down in hopes of getting them recorded here.
Subject: Recycling
Dinner time...Alex comments that if we ask him to give the prayer he won't be able to think of anything to say. Sam comments: that's why I recycle my prayers each day...I never can think of anything new and recycling works like magic.
Subject: Germs
After school...I'm reminding the boys to wash their hands from school germs. Sam comments: you know...germs are really clever when they hide on your back...because I can't ever wash them off back there.
Subject: Headaches
Eating breakfast before church...Spencer says his head hurts. Sam comments: It's called "church-itis"...it's just like "scout-itis" and "stake conference-itis" It always happens to me.
Now I can throw my sticky note of Sam's funny comments away. And off to a wedding I go...
I am so thrilled by this news, especially since (I'm assuming) I got to see them together! I was reading Sam's comments on the treadmill (yes, I still do that) and almost missed the belt from chuckling. He's awesome.
ReplyDelete