The boys are just fearful kids. They are very cautious in any new situation...and even some old situations! (It drives me crazy!)
Before Christmas Spencer's school apparently showed a "stranger danger" video to the children. (I didn't know about any of this until weeks after.) Wondering why Spencer refused to go outside and play or walk to his friends down the street...I finally got it out of him that he was scared to be outside without a parent. The school had good intentions, however, it has seriously frightened him. The movie showed a man driving up beside a child who was walking, etc. Spencer used to walk home from school...now he literally sprints the entire way home...scared to death that a car driving by will stop or slow down. Reality is that there is a fine line when teaching children about 'bad guys'. I prefer they just continue to think all bad guys command droid armies...much better.
oh......that makes me so sad! No kid needs to be that afraid! Were you able to calm his fears? Will he play outside again or WALK home yet?
ReplyDelete