One of the most important changes I have made in our household recently is to completely give up on Sam ever wearing jeans. We've spent his entire life fighting this battle. And I have finally relinquished all care. Infact, I recently purchased him a cart full of warm-up pants. (He will wear these...I think it feels just like a longer swim suit to him.)
You'd think I would have figured out years ago that this battle wasn't worth fighting. However, I kept hoping some day he would be okay with denim.
It almost seems like a 100 lb weight has been lifted off of me. Seriously...I didn't realize how much stress the whole situation brought. He won't be wearing the darling jeans that I hoped he would wear...but Lesson #1 for me is to pose the question: does it really matter? No...it doesn't.
Impressive, Amelia. I'm making a similar decision right now with Haley. I think you're several steps ahead of me! I hope I can get to the point where a weight is lifted and I can "let it go!" Happy for you.
ReplyDelete