(Spencer and Sam, Fall 2006)
1. I looked out the window this morning and happened to catch Spencer running the mile in PE. Love those moments.
2. I really hate box elder bugs. Each year I hope they become extinct. And each Fall I'm disappointed that they are back.
3. Grateful for the boys at this moment. (They are all at school!) Especially grateful for Spencer...he has more homework than ever but comes home and gets it all done, plus practicing, without too much complaint. He told me yesterday if he keeps getting these math problems right he can get into BYU for sure. He is a good kid and I am lucky to be his Mom.
4. Just finished vacuuming and was reminded that I should never listen to the males' opinions when choosing something home-related. I do not like this one...it truly makes vacuuming the stairs a nightmare.
5. I'm starting to feel the Holiday pinch. Money is starting to fly out the window.
6. So as long as money is flying out the window...we're starting to plan our trip to Orlando in February! We're excited! Alex was singing "a pirates life for me" yesterday. (His favorite ride was Pirates of the Caribbean) The memories are worth every penny spent.
7. Alex and I made a haul at Target yesterday. I had been 'skimping' by for weeks...just grabbing milk and eggs quickly at the market. We were in need of a good Target trip...and we were successful.
8. Had lunch with Sam last week. I keep hoping he'll find a good buddy in his class... but after seeing the potential 'buddies' I'm very doubtful it's going to happen this year. Not impressed by any...and the experience reminded me that Sam is an ok kid. Obstinate but overall good.
9. I love chicken casseroles. They are great for dinner and even better as a leftover.
10. I should probably say something about Ben...the guy that pays the bills around here. I'm sure it's still very strange to think of his Mom as being gone...I know he worries about his Dad being lonely. Work is busy for him. Church is busy for him. And he told me I could go to Utah to visit my sisters. Love the guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment