Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Birthday Business


Another birthday and another pound...isn't that how it works from here on out? :) A few birthday thoughts now that I'm a mature 35 :) ...

1. Sam wanted to stay home from school to "watch me open my presents". When Alex realized there weren't any presents to open he was almost in tears...and he wondered "who was coming to my party". Although the day really isn't a huge deal to me it is a big deal to the boys.

2. Holidays always reaffirm that my 'love language' is not gifts but service. When Ben asked what I'd like him to do for my birthday I told him to please wash the car. When the boys asked what I wanted for my birthday I told them to please do their homework (without complaint). And I really mean it! Checking things off of a list is happiness to me. Yes...service is definately my love language.

3. Ben came home with a scale for himself. Crap. I've avoided a scale in our home for 14 years and thought I could avoid it forever! Nope. Ben wants to loose weight so now I have an ugly scale sitting on my bathroom floor. One more thing to move when I clean. ;)
Guess those are the thoughts for the day! Pretty deep, I know.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...so sweet. Alex and Sam wanted to celebrate your birthday, even if you didn't! Kids are sweet.

    I'm with you on the service vs. gifts. I've recently tried explaining this to the girls, who are heavily making Christmas gift plans. They totally don't get it.

    no thoughts on the scale. I hate them.

    ReplyDelete