Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Eternal Callings


I am an eternal organist. Other than the embarrassment of not counting the beats or missing a sharp, it is a nice calling. The highlight has always been watching Ben deal with the kids during sacrament meeting. I have never really sat with them so all credit for good behavior goes to Ben...he has done a great job and trained them well. He has assigned seating...very funny. There have been times where Ben has given me "the panic look" from the pew...like when a child was about to throw-up...it is funny to think back on. I am scared that my second eternal calling might be cub scouts. I'm really not complaining...it's not a hard calling at all. I just haven't found the passion for it. And it's at 7:00 p.m. every Wednesday... After entertaining boys for 12 hours already...it's hard for me to get excited to entertain any more. It's not as if you can just throw a crayon at a bunch of boys and tell them to draw a picture of serving someone else. The crayons would quickly become some kind of weapon or be used to make baskets with. Reality: a Mom of 3 boys that only plays the organ on Sunday = cub scout calling. It is my destiny.

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought about how it must be for you to look down on your husband managing your three boys each Sunday all by himself. I'm impressed with the assigned seating. Nice idea. He's ready to be a bus driver. I wonder if anyone ever catches you laughing up there.

    As for the eternal calling...there's HOPE! There is a lady in our ward who is also the eternal organist, and she has 5 boys! 3 of them are triplets! She has been in the Stake YW presidency for 3+ years. While I'm sure you'll spend your due diligence in Scouts, you have MANY talents that will be used elsewhere at some point in time. After 3 years in stake YW, you might be wishing for Scouts. :) End of novel.

    ReplyDelete