Thursday, June 10, 2010

Random Memory


I remember Grandma tieing us to a chair (I guess so we wouldn't fall? But if we did...being tied to the chair wouldn't have saved us...it would have most likely stranggled us!) and letting us fill the sink with water and just play. It's a fun memory of being at Grandma's little blue house. I was reminded of it the other day when Alex asked to play in the sink with bubbles. Which then brought memories back of Friday nights at Grandmas. Frozen pot pies, orange julius, and "Dallas". (Yes...I believe "JR" really did die.) Then we'd head upstairs to the freezing (really it was!) bedroom where she would tuck us under 4 quilts. I hope I was a respectful and helpful granddaughter. She was a wonderful Grandmother.

1 comment:

  1. Those are the best memories! Funny how those simple things stay with you forever. Grandmothers are truly the best. I love that you watched Dallas! My grandmother's "show" was Days of Our Lives. Back in the day when you could watch a soap with a kid around...

    ReplyDelete