So I've been attending a parenting class offered by a psychologist in the stake. It's come at a good time...my parenting skills stink and I feel very tired and frustrated. She has reminded us that these little people are good...they may not always (or ever!) do what we ask them to do but they are little people with feelings, senses, and opinions. Their feelings, sensory issues or opinions are not always convenient or what we want them to be. Love them, hear them, and discipline them.
The reality is that I'm sad the class is coming to and end because it helps me put things into perspective for at least 24 hours after each class. :) She reminds us to have realistic expectations...which has been good for me. Realistic in the fact that if you ask someone to brush their teeth...they may do it now, later or never. That is being realistic so prepare yourself and come to terms with it.
I SO need a class like that. I tried to call you in desperation the other day for a little parenting 101...my first runaway. Gone for a good hour. What do you do with that?!
ReplyDeleteShare your knowledge!!
ReplyDelete