Friday, April 9, 2010

Tonsils and Such

Sam had his tonsils/adenoids out two days ago. (Before pic) All things considered...it went well. I've never been through this but I think he's doing really great! We were at the hospital at 6:15 a.m. and he was ok until they made him change into a blue dress. He just wanted to go home. He told me his favorite person was the "Grandma Nurse". (She was nice.) Worst part was the few hours after surgery. They were sad...he was hurting so much in the recovery room that I just had to cry with him.


(After pic) They warned me before the surgery that he would throw-up. But in true Sam fashion (meaning he never does things the normal way!) he kept everything down. He hasn't wanted to take a bath because he's afraid his battle wounds (band aids from IVs) will be removed. I promised him he could keep the ID tag on longer if I can just remove the blood stained band aids! He has really been a trooper...the kid is obstinate but pretty tough.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a trooper! I'm glad it went well and hopefully you got a freezer full of ice cream and a future of fewer fevers out of the experience. Tell Sam we love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dude! We love Sam! I'm so glad that other than the first few hours, it all went relatively smoothly.

    ReplyDelete