Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dripping Eyes


Alex has his first day of preschool yesterday. I don't usually make a huge deal out of these types of things but did manage to remember to take a picture before we left. He was fine until he realized I wasn't making a name tag for myself. That's when the water started to well up in his eyes and then slowly big tears started to drip over onto his cheeks. It was darling. He didn't say anything. Just let the tears fall. So my eyes watered watching the whole thing.

He was smiling when I picked him up and the first thing he said to me was "Mom...do you know why my eyes were dripping?" I answered "No...Alex...why where they?" He answered really softly "Because I was crying." (As if he thought somehow nobody new he was crying... and just thought he had dripping eyes syndrome.) Very cute moment. Then reality hit when we came home and he got sent to time out for saying I was a poopy bum. Fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing and tearing up a bit myself! So very sweet! What a precious moment. I'm so glad he had such a fun day and can't wait to hear more about his school. You failed to answer one important question though: what did YOU do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO cute! Why is it that I can find so much humor in what other kids say, but not my own?

    ReplyDelete