
Boys are home. Homework, practicing and reading are complete. Dinner is made and I'm sure nobody will really like it. I should be working on my talk for Sunday...however...I thought I'd share a few random thoughts instead.
#1 I'm feeling a little strange with my new found preschool freedom. I enjoy the 2 hrs Alex is at school but I'm almost feeling 'guilty' that I have some 'free' time. (By 'free' I mean: racing the clock to try and accomplish as many things as possible in that 2 hrs.) Susan reassured me I'd raised children for 10 years and it's ok to enjoy the break. Thanks Sus!
#2 I haven't run for 10 days now. Feeling the guilt from that...but not badly enough to get the running shoes on. So I eat an Oreo.
#3 I was at Lowe's today and spent a few minutes coveting the kitchen and mud room set-ups.
#4 Scouts last night was a nightmare. Not because I wasn't prepared. Just because we need a whole separate 'special needs' den. I'm not trained in dealing with autistic and undiscipline children. I try to look at the positive in the calling but last night reminded me how challenging it is.
#5 Every male in the world should be taught how to properly ring-out a washcloth. Ben has improved over the years but we're still a little challenged in the area. I told Spencer the other day you squeeze it until all of your knuckles are white. That's when it's rung out properly!
#6 It is cool out. Like 50 degrees today. The battle of trying to get Sam and Alex into jeans will be starting soon. Why, oh why, is it such a big deal? Heaven help me.
#7 We should have a family picture taken this fall. But I don't think I'm up to the battle of getting the boys to wear something presentable...
#8 I have two brand-new piano students this Fall. Being able to teach piano has always been a blessing. I enjoy it...but I continue to fill open slots when I say I'm going to cut back. It keeps our lives too busy. But I still teach.
#9 I really should start hanging some pictures in my home.
#10 Fall is here. The Holidays are coming. And so is winter. I'm questioning whether or not Minnesota is right for me.
I love hearing you think. So...I just got my lazy self back on the treadmill after a year and it's killing me! I need to have you on the phone to entertain me as I trudge along. Good luck with the talk! (Oh, and so sorry about scouts...it's hard enough to keep boys without special needs under control.)
ReplyDelete